Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Tuscan Chicken Skillet
Ingredients to serve 4
- 1 pound beef sirloin tips (cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ? c. sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can Cannelini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 oz) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley for garnish*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, then add the chicken and brown for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the sliced mushrooms in a single layer and brown, working in batches, a few minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, and sundried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the diced tomatoes, spices, beans, and sugar.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan and spoon some of the sauce and vegetables over top of the chicken. Cook, covered, on the stove top until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbling, about ten minutes. Return the mushrooms to the pan. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot, garnished with parsley.
This recipe is full of really healthy veggies like mushrooms, tomato, and onion. Mushrooms can help with weight loss and boosting the immune system. Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C. Onions contain biotin which is beneficial for skin and hair health. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!