This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: Southwest Chicken Soup
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 2 onions
- 4 poblano chiles
- 3 carrots
- 3 celery ribs
- 1 head garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat, or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more for seasoning chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
How To Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Coarsely chop onions, green chiles, carrots, and celery ribs. Peel garlic and deseed and chop jalapeno.
- Place onions, chiles, garlic, carrots, celery, tomatoes, and jalapeno in a shallow baking dish with bacon fat or coconut oil. Top with cumin, coriander, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes or until veggies begin to soften, tossing after 10 minutes to coat veggies in fat.
- Add roasted veggies into a stockpot with the broth. Using an immersion blender, partially blend and thicken the soup. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, use a standing blender to puree about half of the soup.) Add shredded chicken and continue cooking on low for 30 minutes to 1 hour to meld the flavors. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and chop cilantro. Peel and dice avocado and cut lime into wedges for garnish.
- Ladle soup into shallow bowls and top with cilantro and avocado.
This recipe fits perfectly with Element #2, Food As Medicine, of our PCOS-5 Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test