Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Slow Cooker Sausage, Spinach and White Bean Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours, 5 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place sausage, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, beans, oregano and bay leaves into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in chicken broth and 2 cups water until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Serve immediately.
Spinach is full of vitamin K, which is great for bone health. It also helps to lower blood pressure because it is high in potassium. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!