Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is:
Rosemary Roast Chicken
Active time: 15 mins
Total time: 3 hrs
- 8 pounds whole chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- The night before, remove chicken from freezer and defrost in a sink or large bowl of cool water.
- 1 hour before dinner, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Remove chicken from package, remove giblet bag from chicken cavity, rinse well, and pat dry.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish with legs under.
- Slice lemon in half and shove the halves and half of the rosemary into the chicken cavity.
- Rub the softened oil over chicken skin.
- Chop the remaining rosemary. Sprinkle chicken generously with sea salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then using tongs and/or potholders, gently flip the chicken so that the legs are up.
- Sprinkle the flip side of the chicken with the rest of the rosemary and additional salt and pepper, and bake for a total time of 20 minutes per pound. The chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted into the leg or inner thigh (avoiding the bone) reads 165F and the skin is nicely browned and crisp.
This recipe fits perfectly with Element #2, Food As Medicine, of our PCOS-5 Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not easy, but you can overcome your PCOS symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created this website. It's has information and resources that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms.
So take these next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS. Search our 1300 page PCOS library.
- Join our Facebook Group right now! Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) - a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.