Welcome to Food Friday! This week’s PCOS Friendly recipe is: Robin’s Shepherd’s PiePie
Shepherd’s pie is an easy dish to convert by making mashed cauliflower the place of potatoes as the top layer.
- 1.5 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 tbls butter/ghee/coconut/grapeseed oil
- 1-15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ lb green beans cut into 1” pieces
- ¼ red cabbage cut into strips
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 ½ cups chopped shitake mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbls Italian herbs
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 tbls butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbls dried oregano
- Boil cauliflower and sweet potato chunks until pierced easily with a fork.
- Place all other ingredients into pot and sauté on medium heat until done.
- Remove from heat.
- Place cauliflower and sweet potato in a food processor with other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Put turkey and vegetable mixture into casserole dish.
- Top with “mashed potatoes” and bake at 350 degrees until warmed through.
Serve and enjoy!
Feel better fast in just 7 days with my “PCOS Diet Jumpstart Guide”.
Grab yours here for only $7 and take charge!
Wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS?
If you’re not sure, click here to take the PCOS test