Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Roasted Pesto Portobellos
Ingredients to serve 4
- 1 cup almonds
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 T parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 portobello mushrooms stems removed
- Parsley for garnish
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a food processor grind up all the ingredients except the mushrooms and tomatoes until a pesto forms.
- If the mixture seems a bit dry, you can add a bit more oil or even a little water.
- Grease a baking sheet and lay the mushrooms on it.
- Fill each cup with pesto and top with the cherry tomatoes.
- Put in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Portobello mushrooms are a superfood because they are nutrient dense. They are low in saturated fat and cholesterol, plus high in fiber. Also, they make a fantastic replacement for a bun on a burger. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!