Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Quinoa Recipe with Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Leeks and Slivered Almonds
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed, sliced
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed, halved (or quartered, if large)
- 1/4 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a fine sieve. For added flavor, toast in a dry saucepan until lightly browned. Add the quinoa and water to a pot and season with sea salt, to taste. Cover, bring to a boil, and cook the quinoa until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa can be fluffed with a fork.
- In a roasting pan combine all remaining ingredients, except for parsley.
- Toss the prepared leek, Brussels sprouts, and almonds in the olive oil. Sprinkle with golden balsamic vinegar. Season with sea salt, minced garlic and dill; and toss to coat. Roast for roughly 20 to 25 minutes, stirring at least once, until the Brussels sprouts are tender, and browned a bit.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Add in the fluffed cooked quinoa and chopped parsley. Drizzle with fruity extra virgin olive oil, to taste. Add sea salt and ground pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine the roasted Brussels sprouts and hot cooked quinoa. Serve immediately.
Brussels sprouts are full of vitamins K and C, and can help to lower your cholesterol. Quinoa is a fantastic super food because it is full of essential vitamins and is a complete source of protein. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..