Welcome to another Food Friday! Here is delicious meal idea that is super healthy.
This weeks PCOS – Friendly recipe is: Easy Healthy Baked Lemon Chicken
Ingredients to Serve 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons grass fed butter
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste (I used 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- optional: fresh rosemary and lemon slices for garnish
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet or large casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side just until browned.
- Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 20-30 minutes (closer to 20 for smaller chicken breasts, closer to 30 for larger) until chicken is cooked through. Every 5-10 minutes spoon the sauce from the pan over the chicken.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon slices if desired and serve.
This zesty main dish is full of healthy, lean protein to build muscle. Chicken is also full of phosphorus which supports healthy teeth and bones as well as aiding in liver and kidney function. Add this nutrient rich recipe to your “Food as Medicine” arsenal.
Save this recipe as it’s part of the “Food as Medicine” element in the PCOS 5-Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!
Are you suffering from symptoms of PCOS? Take the PCOS Test and find out!