Ever heard of the acronym NEAT? It stands for “non-exercise activity thermogenesis” and it’s an unwieldy term coined by researchers who found that even the simplest spontaneous activity helps prevent weight gain. The latter can harm the heart by exacerbating the symptoms of those of us with PCOS.
Here are some ideas to get you moving more often:
- if you commute by train or subway, stand up during the journey – preferably both ways, though sit down on the way home if you feel really tired after a hard day’s work!
- start parking your car further away from whatever your destination is and walk the extra distance, whether it’s a supermarket or a friend’s house
- sit on an exercise ball and roll around while you’re working on a computer at home
- make two trips when unpacking your shopping from your car
- hide the remote control so you have to get up to change channels every time you watch your favorite shows or turn off the TV
For much more information about PCOS and how you can better manage or even reverse its symptoms, visit our web site by clicking on:
If you have PCOS concerns, our web site can show you how to contact our Coaching & Advisory Teams for a free health consultation.