Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin rounds about 1/8-inch thick (you likely won’t use all of it)
- 1 medium yellow squash (summer squash), sliced into thin rounds about 1/8-inch thick (you likely won’t use all of it)
- two 6-ounce salmon filets
- about 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- about 8 small fresh dill fronds/sprigs, divided plus more for garnishing if desired
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds about 1/8-inch thick
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Preheat oven to 400F and place two large squares of Parchment Paper on the counter.
- Add about 8 to 10 slices of zucchini to the center of each packet in an even flat layer, arranged in two vertical columns that mimics the shape of the salmon.
- Add about 8 to 10 slices of yellow squash on top of the zucchini.
- Add one salmon filet to each packet with the skin-side down so that it covers the vegetables as much as possible.
- Evenly drizzle each packet with about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons olive oil and season each with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add about 4 dill fronds to each piece of salmon, nestling some on the sides and some on top.
- Add about 3 slices lemon over the top of each piece of salmon.
- Seal up the parchment packets by folding the edges into each other and crimping tightly as you go. You want them tightly sealed so neither the cooking juices nor steam escapes. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is tender and cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Optionally garnish with additional dill and serve immediately. Recipe is best warm and fresh.
This recipe fits perfectly with Element #2, Food As Medicine, of our PCOS-5 Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!