Welcome to Insulite Health! Insulite Health is an online platform dedicated to empowering women with PCOS to transform their bodies, their health and their lives.
We refer to the e-commerce marketplace on the Insulite Health Platform as the “Insulite Health Shop.” If you visit or make a purchase or sale through the Insulite Health Shop through www.pcos.com or the related mobile app experience, then this Agreement is also between you and Insulite Health Inc. If you visit or make a purchase or sale through the Insulite Health Shop through www.pcos.com or the related mobile app experience, then this Agreement is also between you and Insulite Health Inc. collectively referred to as “Insulite Health,” “we,” or “us” in this Agreement.
These Terms provide important information to you, including your agreement to grant rights to your content, our limitation of liability to you, your agreement to resolve any disputes by individual arbitration and to waive the right to participate in a class action (described in Section 8 below) and, if you choose to provide us with your phone number, your agreement to receive calls and text messages from us in accordance with applicable law. By agreeing to these Terms, you agree to resolve all disputes through binding individual arbitration, which means that you waive any right to have those disputes decided by a judge or jury, and that you waive your right to participate in class actions, class arbitrations, or any type of representative actions.
We encourage you to review this Agreement carefully. Any use of the Insulite Health Platform, including browsing www.pcos.com, shall be governed by the Agreement. If you do not agree to any of the Terms, you should stop using the Insulite Health Platform.
- Using the Insulite Health Platform.
- Who can use it. You must be at least the age of majority in the state where you live to use the Insulite Health Platform. Use of the Insulite Health Platform by anyone under 13 years of age is strictly prohibited!
- Termination. You may close your account at any time by going to account settings and disabling your account. We may permanently or temporarily suspend your use of the site or the service at any time for any reason, without any notice or liability to you. We may terminate your account at any time for any or no reason, including if you violate any Insulite Health policy. Upon termination of your use of the service, certain provisions will survive termination, as detailed in Section 10(m).
- Feedback. We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the Insulite Health Platform. By submitting feedback to us, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, without any restriction or compensation to you.
- Your Content.
- Definition of Your Content. The Insulite Health Platform enables you to post materials, including without limitation photos, profile pictures, messages, and commentary. (“Reviews“). All materials that you post on the Insulite Health Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the Insulite Health Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public and will not be treated as private or confidential.
- License and Permission to Use Your Content. You hereby grant to us and our affiliates, licensees and sublicenses, without compensation to you or others, a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, worldwide license (including the right to sublicense through multiple tiers) to use, reproduce, process, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, prepare derivative works, publish, transmit and distribute Your Content, or any portion thereof, throughout the world in any format, media or distribution method (whether now known or hereafter created) for the duration of any copyright or other rights in Your Content. Such permission will be perpetual and may not be revoked for any reason, to the maximum extent permitted by law. Further, to the extent permitted under applicable law, you waive and release and covenant not to assert any moral rights that you may have in Your Content. If you identify yourself by name or provide a picture or audio or video recording of yourself, you further authorize us and our affiliates, licensees and sublicenses, without compensation to you or others, to reproduce, print, publish and disseminate in any format or media (whether now known or hereafter created) your name, voice and likeness throughout the world, and such permission will be perpetual and cannot be revoked for any reason, except as required by the applicable law. You further agree that we may use Your Content in any manner that we deem appropriate or necessary.
- Ownership. We acknowledge and agree that you retain ownership of any and all copyrights in Your Content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us in the paragraph above, and that no ownership of such copyrights is transferred to us under this agreement. Further, with respect to Your Content in the form of photos, and subject to Insulite Health product and user experience considerations for Insulite Health Business Purposes. “Insulite Health Business Purposes” means any use in connection with a Insulite Health-branded or co-branded website, application, publication or service, or any use which advertises, markets or promotes the Insulite Health Platform, the services or the information it contains, Insulite Health, or its affiliates. Insulite Health Business Purpose specifically includes the use of Your Content on the Insulite Health Platform in connection with features and functions offered by Insulite Health to our users that enable them to view and interact with Your Content (such as Sketch, View in My Room and the embed tool).
- Your Responsibilities for Your Content. By posting Your Content on the Insulite Health Platform, you represent and warrant to us that you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all needed licenses or permissions from any necessary parties, to use Your Content in this manner.
- Limits. We reserve the right to edit, abridge, or remove Your Content, in whole or part, for any reason (which may include a reported violation of our policies. We reserve the right to edit, refuse to post or remove Your Content submitted by you for any reason without notice. We do not guarantee that we will publish Your Content.
- Our Content and Materials.
- Definition of Our Content and Materials. All intellectual property in or related to the Insulite Health Platform (specifically including, but not limited to, our software, the Insulite Health marks, the Insulite Health logo, and Insulite Health buttons, badges, and widgets is the property of Insulite Health Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates or its licensors (“Our Content and Materials“).
- No Endorsement or Verification. Please note that the Insulite Health Platform enables access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third parties over which we have no control. We assume no responsibility for, nor do we endorse or verify the content, offerings or conduct of third parties (including but not limited to the products or services offered by third-parties or the descriptions of the products or services offered by third-parties). For example, Insulite Health does not conduct background checks or otherwise vet the professionals listed on the Insulite Health Platform. Participation or availability on the Insulite Health Platform does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations with respect to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any content posted on the Insulite Health Platform by anyone.
- Restrictions. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, you agree not to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, sell, license, reverse engineer, decompile, or otherwise exploit Our Content and Materials without our express written permission. Insulite Health’s permission to you for your use of the Insulite Health Platform expressly excludes commercial use by you of any information concerning product descriptions or professional listings for the benefit of another merchant. You expressly are prohibited from any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools in your use of the Insulite Health Platform. You may view and print a reasonable number of copies of web pages located on the Insulite Health Platform for your own personal use, provided that you retain all proprietary notices contained in the original materials, including attribution to Insulite Health.
- Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that the Insulite Health Platform and Insulite Health marks will remain the property of Insulite Health. The content, information and services made available on the Insulite Health Platform are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Insulite Health Platform.
- Other Offerings on the Insulite Health Platform.
- Purchase of Goods through the Insulite Health Shop. Insulite Health Inc. offer health related products and services for sale on the Insulite Health Platform. If you purchase on the Insulite Health Platform, your purchase is subject to the Insulite Health terms of sale.
- Embed Tool. If you are a user of the embed tool, which enables you to link to content on the Insulite Health Platform, you understand and agree that we cannot guarantee that the content, which originates from third-parties, is non-infringing or will be free from claims about infringement. Such third-party content may be subject to takedown by us at any time, in accordance with our policies, if we receive a notice of infringement.
- Third-Party Services. You may be provided the opportunity on the Insulite Health Platform to purchase services that are offered by third parties (collectively “Third Party Services“), including those offered by professionals registered with Professional Profiles on the Insulite Health Platform. The availability of any Third Party Services on the Insulite Health Platform does not imply our endorsement of the Third Party Services.
- Reporting Violations of Your Intellectual Property Rights, Insulite Health Policies, or Applicable Laws
We have a special process for reporting violations of your intellectual property rights or other violations of Insulite Health policies or applicable laws.
- Copyright and Trademark Policy. For more information, including detailed information about how to submit a request for takedown if you believe content on the Insulite Health Platform infringes your intellectual property rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reports of Other Violations. If you believe content on the Insulite Health Platform violates Insulite Health’s policies or otherwise violates applicable law, contact us at email@example.com
We have no obligation to delete content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We endeavor to respond promptly to requests for content removal, consistent with our policies described above and applicable law.
- Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF INSULITE HEALTH ENTITIES TO YOU.
THE “INSULITE HEALTH ENTITIES” MEANS INSULITE HEALTH INC., AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RELATED COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND PARTNERS, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM. EACH PROVISION BELOW APPLIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW:
- WE ARE PROVIDING YOU THE INSULITE HEALTH PLATFORM, SERVICES, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS, AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE INSULITE HEALTH ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USAGE.
- THE INSULITE HEALTH ENTITIES MAKE NO PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FOR: (i) CONTENT POSTED BY ANY THIRD-PARTY ON THE INSULITE HEALTH PLATFORM, (ii) THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS OR PRODUCTS, (iii) THIRD-PARTY SITES AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT OR SERVICE LISTED ON OR ACCESSIBLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE, (iv) PLANTS OR SEEDS FROM THE EXCHANGES, AND (v) THE QUALITY OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY YOU ENCOUNTER IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
- YOU AGREE THAT UNDER THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE INSULITE HEALTH ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT THE INSULITE HEALTH ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR LOSS OF DATA (EVEN IF THE INSULITE HEALTH ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE) ARISING OUT OF AND IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE INSULITE HEALTH PLATFORM OR PRODUCTS. YOUR USE OF THE INSULITE HEALTH PLATFORM, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
You agree to fully indemnify, defend, and hold the Insulite Health Entities and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from: (a) your breach of any part of this agreement; (b) any allegation that any materials you submit to us or transmit to the Insulite Health Platform infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; (c) your activities in connection with the Insulite Health Platform or other websites to which the Insulite Health Platform is linked; and/or (d) your negligent or willful misconduct.
- Dispute Resolution.
If you have a dispute with Insulite Health, you agree to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to attempt to resolve the issue informally first. If we are not able to resolve the dispute informally, then this section will govern any legal dispute that relates to the Insulite Health Platform or involves our services.
- Binding Arbitration. You and Insulite Health agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement or to your use of the Insulite Health Platform (collectively “Disputes“) will be settled by binding arbitration, except that each party retains the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property rights. This means that you and Insulite Health both agree to waive the right to a trial by jury. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may bring a claim against Insulite Health in “small claims” court, instead of by arbitration, but only if the claim is eligible under the rules of the small claims court and is brought in an individual, non-class, and non-representative basis, and only for so long as it remains in the small claims court and in an individual, non-class, and non-representative basis.
- Class Action Waiver. You and Insulite Health agree that any proceedings to resolve Disputes will be conducted on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated, or representative action. This means that you and Insulite Health both agree to waive the right to participate as a plaintiff as a class member in any class action proceeding. Further, unless you and Insulite Health agree otherwise in writing, the arbitrator in any Dispute may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not preside over any form of class action proceeding.
- Arbitration Administration and Rules. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA“) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules“) then in effect, except as modified by this “Dispute Resolution’ section. (The AAA Rules are available at http://www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 001 800 778 7879).
- Arbitration Process. A party who desires to initiate the arbitration must provide the other party with a written Demand for Arbitration as specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of California and will be selected by the parties from the AAA’s roster of arbitrators with relevant experience. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within 7 days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with AAA Rules.
- Arbitration Location and Procedure. Unless you and Insulite Health agree otherwise, the seat of the arbitration shall be in San Francisco, California. If your claim does not exceed USD$10,000, then the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents you and Insulite Health submit to the arbitrator, unless you request a hearing and the arbitrator then determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds USD$10,000, your right to a hearing will be determined by AAA Rules. Subject to AAA Rules, the arbitrator will have the discretion to direct a reasonable exchange of information by the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration. Hearings may be conducted by telephone or videoconference, if requested and agreed to by the parties.
- Arbitrator’s Decision and Governing Law. The arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator will render an award within the timeframe specified in the AAA Rules. Judgment on the arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any award of damages by an arbitrator must be consistent with the “Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability” section above. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief in favor of the claimant only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the claimant’s individual claim.
- Fees. Each party’s responsibility to pay the arbitration filing, administrative and arbitrator fees will depend on the circumstances of the arbitration and are set forth in the AAA Rules.
You are not required to agree to receive promotional text messages, calls or pre-recorded messages as a condition of using the Insulite Health Platform. By electing to submit your phone number to us and agreeing to these Terms, you agree to receive communications from the Insulite Health Entities, including via text messages, calls, pre-recorded messages, and push notifications, any of which may be generated by automatic telephone dialing systems. These communications include, for example, operational communications concerning your account or use of the Insulite Health Platform, updates concerning new and existing features on the Insulite Health Platform, communications concerning promotions run by us or third parties, and news relating to the Insulite Health Platform and industry developments. Standard text message charges applied by your telephone carrier may apply to text messages we send.
If you wish to stop receiving promotional emails or promotional text messages, we provide the following methods for you to opt-out or unsubscribe: (a) follow the instructions we provide in the email or initial text message for that category of promotional emails or text messages or (b) if you have an account on the Insulite Health Platform, you may opt-out or unsubscribe using your settings.
- Notice for California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users of the Insulite Health Platform are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The services are provided by Insulite Health Inc., 1121 13th St. Suite 125 Boulder, CO 80302 USA. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Service, please contact Insulite Health at email@example.com or by writing to our mailing address. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs which may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210 or Hearing Impaired at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700.
- Supplemental Terms for Certain Services. Certain services offered on the Insulite Health Platform may require you to enter into a separate agreement and/or be subject to additional terms. For example: placement of advertisements, participation in brand services, offering products for sale in the Insulite Health Shop, or use of Site Designer each require you to enter into a separate agreement with terms specific to that service. In the event of any conflict between this Agreement and the terms of that separate agreement, the terms of that separate agreement will control.
- Application Provider Terms. If you access the Insulite Health Platform through an Insulite Health application, you acknowledge that this agreement is between you and Insulite Health only, and not with another application service or application platform provider (such as Apple, Inc. or Google Inc.), which may provide you the application subject to its own terms.
- Controlling Law and Jurisdiction. This agreement will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado and the United States of America, without regard to their conflict-of-law provisions. You and we agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a federal or state court located in Denver, Colorado for any actions for which the arbitration provision, as set forth in Section 8, does not apply.
- Export. The Insulite Health Platform is controlled and operated from our United States offices in California. Insulite Health software is further subject to United States export controls. No software for Insulite Health may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of any applicable laws or regulations. You represent that you are not (1) located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and (2) listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Changes. We reserve the right at any time to:
i. change the terms and conditions of this Agreement, consistent with applicable law.
ii. change the Insulite Health Platform, including eliminating or discontinuing any information or services or other features in whole or in part; and
iii. deny or terminate your Insulite Health account, or use of and access to the Insulite Health Platform.
- Languages. English is the authoritative text of this Agreement and all communications, notices, arbitrations and other actions and proceedings relating to this Agreement will be made and conducted in English, even if we choose to provide translations of this Agreement into the native languages in certain countries.
- Assignment. No terms of this Agreement, nor any right, obligation, or remedy hereunder is assignable, transferable, delegable, or sub licensable by you except with Insulite Health’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, transfer, delegation, or sublicense shall be null and void. Insulite Health may assign, transfer, or delegate this Agreement or any right or obligation or remedy hereunder in its sole discretion.
- Waiver. Our failure to assert a right or provision under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Headings. Any heading, caption, or section title contained is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.
- Further Assurances. You agree to execute a hard copy of this Agreement and any other documents, and take any actions at our expense that we may request to confirm and affect the intent of this Agreement and any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement/ Severability. This Agreement supersedes all prior terms, agreements, discussions and writings regarding the Insulite Health Platform and constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the Insulite Health Platform. If any part of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, then that part will not affect the enforceability of the remaining parts of the Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect.
- Survival: The following provisions will survive expiration or termination of this Agreement: Section 2 (Your Content), Section 3(d)(Restrictions) and 3(e)(ownership), Section 6 (Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability), Section 7 (Indemnification), Section 8 (Dispute Resolution) and Section 10 (Miscellaneous).
- Contact. Feel free to contact us by visiting www.insulitehealth.com with any questions about this agreement.
Insulite Health Inc.
1121 13th St. Suite 125
Boulder, CO 80302 USA
Effective 25th May 2018
© 2018. Insulite Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
The Insulite PCOS System is not intended to be medical treatment, nor is information on this website intended to be a substitute for the advice or care of a health-care practitioner. The Insulite PCOS System is a combination of nutritional supplementation and lifestyle programs intended to help individuals better manage their health and wellbeing. Consult a health-care practitioner before beginning the Insulite PCOS System. Because of ongoing research, clinical experience, and the rapid accumulation of information relating to the subject matter discussed on this website, the website’s users are advised to carefully review and evaluate the information on this website and continue to expand and broaden their knowledge of new information as it becomes available on this website and elsewhere. The use or application of the information contained on this website is at the sole discretion and risk of the user.
Since June 2008, Insulite Laboratories and Insulite Health has supported more than 2.4 million women through the Insulite PCOS System, through this website, through emails providing information and support, through consultations with our Consulting & Advisory Team, through telephone conference calls, through online webinars, through published articles, and most recently, through social media community building and support efforts. Insulite Laboratories and Insulite Health are singularly dedicated to improving the lives of women with PCOS and conditions resulting from Insulin Resistance.