This week we’re making some yummy PCOS-friendly waffles. The ingredients will surprise you. They are grain free, gluten free, dairy free and are super easy to make… and they’re delicious. A huge thank you to Danielle Walker of Against All Grain for inspiring this great recipe.
Quick & Easy “Paleo” Waffles
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tbls coconut oil
- 3 tbls coconut flour
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbls vanilla or cinnamon or a combination
- 1/2 green banana (not too ripe as it will contain too much sugar)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk – you may need a little bit more depending on thickness
- Make them green! Add a handful of kale, chard or spinach
- Make them blueberry waffles – add a few blueberries after you’ve poured the batter into the waffle iron
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on medium speed until well mixed – about 40 seconds or so. It needs to be creamy.
- Use coconut oil or ghee to grease the waffle iron and then add batter.
Ingredients for “Syrup”
- 1 cup berries
- 4 tbls pasture butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup water to make it more syrupy
- Stevia to taste if you need some extra (vanilla is yummy!)
- Put above ingredients into a little saucepan and heat until warm and syrupy.
- Pour over waffles and enjoy.
- You can also add a few drops of stevia if you need it a little sweeter.
Your to-do this week? Make some delicious waffles that support vibrant health and give you a great start to your day.
Thanks for watching!