I’m here at my home in Mexico – don’t you love this beautiful kitchen? Today I’m going to show you how to make salad dressing. I want to show you how easy it is to make your own salad dressing because salad dressings can be so bad for us. The ones that we buy off the shelves can keep us stuck with symptoms of hormone imbalance.
I’m going to show you how easy it is to make your very own salad dressing in less than 5 minutes with what you have on hand. Use olive oil as the foundation – you can also use other oils like grape seed oil, sesame oil, a little toasted sesame oil for some extra yum, walnut oil, etc.
So many of these ingredients are not only delicious but they’re nutrient dense…Food as Medicine to help us to feel fabulous!
Use what you have on hand to make a delicious dressing. Here is a suggestion, but get creative and use what you like.
- 1 cup olive oil
- One whole green onion (any kind)
- A slice of lemon including rind
- 1/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (& pepper)
- Handful of parsley (mint, cilantro, etc.)
- 2 tbls Herbs (Italian, Herbs de Provence)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or drops of stevia to taste
- Optional: slice of fresh ginger root, clove of garlic
Add all to blender and blend for about 30 seconds.
Now you have a beautiful dressing for any vegetables: salads, roasted, steamed or sautéed vegetables. Super delicious, and hormone balancing too!
Post your favorite recipe below the video on our YouTube Channel. I can’t wait to see what you come up with! We’re here to support you every step of the way.