Food is powerful medicine and is more effective than any drug.
- It balances the hormones that are out of whack with PCOS
- It can reduce or eliminate cravings that can cause PCOS
- It can balance moods
- It can enhance your energy
So with that knowledge, it’s easy right?
Well, not so fast. It’s easy if our hormones and brain chemistry are balanced and we have healthy habits in place. Unfortunately that’s not most of us. But we have to start somewhere.
Here are 3 Simple Steps to get started
- Eat within an hour of waking
- Never go more than 5 hours between meals
- Always eat a healthy protein, fat and low sugar carbohydrate at every meal
These simple steps will help you to balance hormones and reduce cravings. You’ll sleep better, automatically release weight and you’ll just be happier.
- Wild caught fish, free range (grass fed) organic meats, shellfsih (not farmed), eggs (organic free range)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil (don’t overheat), coconut oil, butter (from grass, organic fed cows), ghee (same as butter), nuts and seeds, grapeseed oil, nut oils, avocado
- Vegetables – focus on the non-starchy vegetables with 1/4 cup starchy
- Fruit – stick to 1 cup berries or 1 grapefruit daily (fruit has a lot of sugar)
- Legumes (beans) – stick to 1/4 cup with a meal
- Grains – gluten free grains like brown rice or quinoa – stick to 1/4 per meal if any at all