PCOS is a major increased risk factor for sleep apnea – the potentially dangerous disorder that can temporarily halt breathing during sleep. Certain other factors raise the likelihood of developing various forms of the latter disorder.
Obstructive sleep apnea
- Excess weight. Fat deposits around your upper airway may obstruct your breathing.
- Neck circumference. The size of your neck may indicate whether or not you have an increased risk of sleep apnea. That’s because a thick neck may narrow the airway and may be an indication of excess weight. A neck circumference greater than 17.5 inches is associated with an increased risk.
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- A narrowed airway. You may inherit a naturally narrow throat. Or, your tonsils or adenoids may become enlarged, which can block your airway.
- Being older. Sleep apnea occurs two to three times more often in adults older than 65.
- Family history. If you have family members with sleep apnea, you may be at increased risk.
- Use of alcohol, sedatives or tranquilizers. These substances relax the muscles in your throat.
- Smoking. Smokers are three times as likely to have obstructive sleep apnea.
Central sleep apnea
- Heart disorders. People with atrial fibrillation or congestive heart failure are more at risk of central sleep apnea.
- Stroke or brain tumor. These conditions can impair the brain’s ability to regulate breathing.
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not easy, but you can overcome your PCOS symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created this website. It's has information and resources that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms.
So take these next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS. Search our 1300 page PCOS library.
- Join our Facebook Group right now! Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) - a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.