Women with PCOS are vulnerable to heart-damaging high blood pressure. And, as we reported yesterday, doctors are now increasingly recommending those with high blood pressure to take readings at home as part of creating a healthy lifestyle that lowers levels to help avoid heart disease.
First, set yourself up with the right machine for measuring high blood pressure after consulting with your doctor. Then before each reading you should:
- Avoid caffeinated or alcoholic beverages, and don’t smoke, during the 30 minutes before the test.
- Sit quietly for five minutes with your back supported and feet on the floor.
- Support your arm when making the measurement so your elbow is at the level of your heart.
- Push your sleeves out of the way and wrap the cuff over bare skin. Measure your blood pressure according to the machine’s instructions. Leave the deflated cuff in place, wait a minute, then take a second reading. If the readings are close, average them. If not, repeat again and average the three readings.
- Don’t panic if a reading is high. Relax for a few minutes and try again.
- Keep a record of your blood pressure readings and the time of day they are made to show your doctor.
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not easy, but you can overcome your PCOS symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created this website. It's has information and resources that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms.
So take these next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS. Search our 1300 page PCOS library.
- Join our Facebook Group right now! Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) - a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.