Vinegar has been used throughout history for everything from skin tonics to household cleaners.
Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician and “Father of Modern Medicine,” believed in the healing properties of vinegar, as did the ancient Babylonians before him and the Samurai warriors in Japan later on.
In fact, vinegar has been used in a number of surprising ways, including:
- Relief from heartburn and arthritis
- To lower blood pressure and cholesterol
- To aid digestion
- To treat ear infections
- To treat yeast infections (candida).
- Relief for rashes, sunburn and jellyfish stings
- To clean the house, polish glass and make laundry look brighter
- To promote weight loss
- Skin detoxification
But it’s not just a folk remedy…vinegar has medicinal properties as well.
Research has shown that vinegar can help people with type 2 diabetes or insulin resistance (not diabetic, but high risk) by improving insulin sensitivity. In the study, vinegar was just as effective as drugs (metformin and acarbose) used to treat diabetes.1
Vinegar may be one of your most useful natural health remedies…if you’re using the right vinegar.
Finding the Right Apple Cider Vinegar
For a true home health remedy that helps boost your immunity, pass on white vinegar and choose raw apple cider vinegar instead.
|Choose organic raw apple cider vinegar. It has the medicinal benefits.|
Apple cider vinegar is manufactured by several different companies. While you may have seen apple cider vinegar in the grocery store, it may not be the raw, fermented apple cider vinegar with medicinal benefits.
Here’s what to look for when buying apple cider vinegar:
- Unfiltered – Some bottles are labeled “filtered,” while the kind we recommend is labeled “unfiltered.”
- Unpasteurized – Unpasteurized apple cider vinegar contains the “mother” of the vinegar (a natural sediment with pectin, trace minerals, beneficial bacteria and enzymes), which you can see floating at the bottom of the bottle.
- Organic – choosing apple cider vinegar made with organic apples is a great way to maximize the minerals and minimize your exposure to pesticides.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your score and assess your hormone health risks.
- Join our Facebook Sisterhood Group Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women. Get the answers to your questions and the support you need.
- Checkout the Hormone Reset. Guided Practices to eliminate anxiety, lose weight and boost energy.
We are committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance – a major cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health empowers women with hormone imbalance to transform their lives through a process of healing with the Natural Hormone Solution –a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms hormone imbalance..