Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Oil, divided
- 2 pounds Chicken Tenders, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons Arrowroot Starch
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, cut into strips
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Onion, cut into thick cubes
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos (or balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Vinegar (or any white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Minced Ginger, or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Cashew Halves
- 1/2 cup Sliced Green Onion
*Always use organic and unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium/high heat. Place the chicken and arrowroot powder in a bowl and toss until chicken is coated. Add the chicken to the hot pan of oil and saute until the chicken is golden on all sides, stirring every 20 seconds or so.
- Remove the chicken and set aside in a bowl. Place the pan back on the heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the bell peppers and onion to the pan and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent and peppers have begun to soften. Add the chicken back in to the pan and mix in with the vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, vinegar, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and salt.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and toss with the chicken and vegetables. Bring sauce to a boil and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened. Stir in the cashews and 3/4 of the green onions.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle the remaining green onions over the top of the chicken and serve over cauliflower rice.
This recipe fits perfectly with Element #2, Food As Medicine, of our PCOS-5 Element System. Wishing you a delicious weekend!