We really enjoyed the article “10 Ways to Boost Fertility” from the LA Times, by Shari Roan. In the article she reference’s the “The Fertility Diet,” a book based on a Harvard study, it offers 10 key recommendations to enhance fertility.
* Use more unsaturated vegetable oils, such as olive or canola oil.
* Eat more vegetable protein, such as beans and nuts, and less animal protein.
* Choose whole-grain sources of carbohydrates instead of highly refined carbs.
* Drink a glass of whole milk or have a small dish of ice cream or full-fat yogurt each day.
* Take a multivitamin that contains folic acid and other B vitamins.
* Get plenty of iron, but not from red meat.
* Avoid sugared sodas. (Diet sodas are probably OK.) Coffee, tea and alcohol are OK in moderation.
* If overweight, lose 5% to 10% of your weight.
* Start an exercise program. If you already exercise, keep it up but don’t overdo it if you are quite lean.
To read the complete article go to http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-infertilitybox10dec10,1,4400427.story?ctrack=3&cset=true
You will also find some great information on nutrition and exercise from Insulite Labs at: http://www.pcos.insulitelabs.com/Insulite-PCOS-System-Nutrition-and-Exercise-Plans.php
We enjoy hearing your comments and feedback and would love to hear any diet and nutrition tips that have worked for you!