We really enjoyed the article “10 Ways to Boost Fertility” from the LA Times, by Shari Roan. In the article she reference’s the “The Fertility Diet,” a book based on a Harvard study, it offers 10 key recommendations to enhance fertility.
* Use more unsaturated vegetable oils, such as olive or canola oil.
* Eat more vegetable protein, such as beans and nuts, and less animal protein.
* Choose whole-grain sources of carbohydrates instead of highly refined carbs.
* Drink a glass of whole milk or have a small dish of ice cream or full-fat yogurt each day.
* Take a multivitamin that contains folic acid and other B vitamins.
* Get plenty of iron, but not from red meat.
* Avoid sugared sodas. (Diet sodas are probably OK.) Coffee, tea and alcohol are OK in moderation.
* If overweight, lose 5% to 10% of your weight.
* Start an exercise program. If you already exercise, keep it up but don’t overdo it if you are quite lean.
To read the complete article go to http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-infertilitybox10dec10,1,4400427.story?ctrack=3&cset=true
You will also find some great information on nutrition and exercise from Insulite Labs at: http://www.pcos.insulitelabs.com/Insulite-PCOS-System-Nutrition-and-Exercise-Plans.php
We enjoy hearing your comments and feedback and would love to hear any diet and nutrition tips that have worked for you!
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not easy, but you can overcome your PCOS symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created this website. It's has information and resources that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms.
So take these next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS. Search our 1300 page PCOS library.
- Join our Facebook Group right now! Pose your questions to this group of like-minded women and get the support you need.
- Take the PCOS Quiz! Get your PCOS score and assess your risk.
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) - a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – a complete solution for helping women reverse the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.